Friday 3 February 2012

Picture Post!

First things first. Disclaimer on the previous post. I have met a girl from Wisconsin and a girl that goes to Ball State in Muncie, IN (and she didn't know anyone from my high school that goes there unfortunately). So I'm a bit more satisfied, but my point in the previous post still stands.

As promised, I took some pictures of some sites! Yay me! Lol sorry guys. And if you are Sophia Rigalopolopoulis :), sorry that Chester hasn't gotten out yet. He's still a bit shy (and I didn't take my backpack to stuff him in). So I will revisit these places later on and take Chester with me.

Ok, but before the pictures, I'm going to post a BA Word of the Day from now on (BA stands for British/ American, or you can replace it with the more familiar version of BA, up to you;). These are either slang words or words pronounced differently by British people or Americans. Sometimes I might post things that we, in fact, say funny and that makes less sense than the British version, as pointed out by the people I live with. 

First BA Word of the Day- US word:  bangs. In the US, bangs are the piece of hair in front of your face. 
                                           British word for bangs:  fringe.

The first thing that came to my mind when someone said fringe:  The song in the musical Oklahoma about the surrey with the fringe on the top. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video Oklahoma the Musical "The Surrey With the Fringe on Top" But it makes much more sense to say fringe than bangs. And they cringe when I say bangs which makes me giggle.

Anyways, let's get to the good part. Reading is for people that ride the bus and tube anyways (no, seriously, I feel like an idiot on the tube and bus because I'm the only one not reading lol). Now for the pictures!

First, the most boring picture of all... my schedule! My internship and Theatre in London class aren't included.

Ok, more kinda goofy pictures, but oh well.

A picture of me cooking for my first time in the UK:  a classic English breakfast of eggs, bacon, frankfurters (hot dogs), beans, and toast. PS apparently beans are suppose to be not heated? Idk about these Brits!



Oh yea, and the bacon is different. It doesn't get as crispy and I feel like it has a lot more substance. Anyways, I like it a lot.

Now here are the good pictures! We went on a boat tour from the Thames (pronounced Tims) River and these are some of the pictures that came out nicely. A lot of them were shaky because of the boat moving.
This is a building. To be honest, I'm not quite sure which building, but I like the medieval sorta look at the top.

 Distant view of Big Ben

Oh no! The guards are coming to get us! (I think this was at the Houses of Parliament)

I think they were changing guard. I don't know, but the man on the right being switched out actually started smiling and chuckling in the middle of things.

 My dorm building... oh no wait, this is Buckingham Palace. Sorry about that.
 The gates at Buckingham Palace.

I should probably look up the proper name of this fountain/statue, but it's outside Buckingham Palace.

Buckingham Palace again. Strikingly odd. For the amount of money paid for my accommodation, I could have sworn this was where I was staying.

Me, Kim, and Jen in front of Buckingham Palace 

 Photography exhibit. If you don't know who Shackleton is, look him up. Amazing story about exploring the Antarctic and nearly losing his crew.

 Distant view of London Bridge

Where I actually live... Just kidding. This is where I will live after I become rich and famous.

Referred to as "The Glass Shard". Will be the tallest building in Europe once completed.

London Bridge as we went under it in the boat.

London Tower

London Bridge at dusk

London Tower again

The walking bridge that is in a Harry Potter movie. A bit blurry.

Um... A semi circle cool looking building? I know it's something important, just can't remember.

Another important building that I should know the name of

The London Eye

Me with Big Ben in the background. Props to the front facing LCD on my camera.

Me with the London Eye in the background

Coolest picture of Big Ben ever... and yes I took it.

Not the coolest picture of the London Eye... and yes I took it.

So that's it on my massive pile of pictures I had to show you all. I might post the outtake pictures on my Facebook sometime. In the meantime, Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having fun! There are some really cool pics in there...but, you still need to get Chester out! I'm sure he gets lonely!

    ReplyDelete